The college is entertaining the possibility of bringing a Great Depression-era scale model of the city to campus.
Ocean Avenue Gets Lit
In this week’s newsletter, Ingleside gets string lighting, and then:
- City College of San Francisco accreditation
- BART Station housing development ribbon cutting
- Former housing project upgraded
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Worth Reading
Of course! Beep’s Burgers was named Best of the Bay.
And, as always, feel free to press reply and share your thoughts on our coverage or send a news tip.
Anne Marie Kristoff
String lights now hang along Ocean Avenue between Plymouth and Jules avenues.
Ingleside Answers is answering reader questions. Submit your question in this form here. If it's selected, The Ingleside Light will do the research and get to the bottom of it.
In Case You Missed It
- New Italian Restaurant on Ocean Avenue Already a Second Home
- City College of San Francisco Chancellor To Step Down in 2024
- Sisterhood Gardens Thrives as a Year-Round Educational Space
Around the Neighborhood
- District 11 Public Safety Town Hall
WHAT: San Francisco District Attorney Brooke Jenkins and San Francisco Police Chief William Scott and Sheriff Paul Miyamoto will discuss safety with the public.
WHERE: Minnie & Lovie Ward Recreational Center, 650 Capitol Ave.
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 5, 2023, from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
RSVP: Registration Link
- Diasporican: A Puerto Rican Cookbook
WHAT: Author and chef Illuanna Maisonet will discuss her award-winning cookbook.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023, at 2 p.m.
WHERE: Ocean View, 345 Randolph St.
- OMI FALL Community Service Day
WHAT: Join volunteers who will work to help keep Brotherhood Way green and clean.
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023, starting a 9 a.m.
WHERE: Meet at the Head-Brotherhood Mini Park, 319 Head St.
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change and errors do occur.
- San Francisco Standard: Kaiser Strike: What It Means for San Francisco Bay Area Patients
- Mission Local: SF school staff union votes 99% to authorize strike
- San Francisco Chronicle: S.F. just approved the ‘most expensive homeless response’ ever
- ABC7: Self-driving car runs over pedestrian hit by SF human driver
- Mission Local: Video: SF city worker knocks over vendor’s hot dog cart
- San Francisco Examiner: Bernie Curran gets more prison time in SF corruption scandal
- SF Gate: Starbucks to close 7 San Francisco locations in coming weeks
- San Francisco Examiner: Small businesses open doors to pop-up shops in downtown SF
- San Francisco Chronicle: Body of Sen. Dianne Feinstein arrives at S.F. City Hall