Supported by Beep's Burgers In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then: * Jose Ortega
Neighbors Talk Reparations Plan
In this week’s newsletter, community members sound off on San Francisco's reparations plan, and then:
- Taekwondo studio celebrates Nor Cal martial arts
- Merchants call for more from $34 million transportation plan
- $45 million for housing and 29 Sunset bus
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
Mark your calendar! We're hosting a Brews and News🍺📰 meetup at Ocean Ale House from 4 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23. Let's sip, talk and celebrate The Ingleside Light's 15th anniversary!
Anne Marie Kristoff
The San Francisco reparations committee came to the neighborhood to gather feedback ahead of a key hearing.
By Anne Marie Kristoff
Sponsored: Quality Car Care Has Been Faxon Garage's Business Since 1948
Faxon Garage understands that your vehicle is a major investment, and that is why we care for each customer’s vehicle as if it were our own. Our goal is to offer the best services available at affordable prices to get you back on the road in no time.
In Case You Missed It
- Scaffolding Comes Off Partly Restored El Rey Theater Tower
- Accreditors To Visit City College of San Francisco in October
- Q&A: Ingleside Author on the New Edition of Her Gardening Bible
Around the Neighborhood
- Ingleside Gallery's West Portal Stars
WHAT: From Sept. 10 to Nov. 10, an exhibit of work by teachers from Artworks Fine Arts Studio put together by Ingleside Gallery curator Shrey Purohit and Tom Colcord will be on display.
WHERE: Ballast Coffee, 329 West Portal Ave.
- District 7 Town Hall with City Attorney David Chiu
WHAT: The city attorney along with District 7 Supervisor Myrna Melgar and SFPD Taraval Station brass will updates and answer questions from the audience.
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023, from 6 to 7 p.m.
WHERE: Pomeroy Recreation & Rehabilitation Center, 207 Skyline Blvd.
RSVP: Reservation Link
- Maya Women Art Exhibit Reception
The reception for Maya Women: Life, Art, Hope Contemporary Maya Paintings from Guatemala will feature dancers and poets.
WHEN: Sept. 14, 2023, from 5 to 7 p.m.
WHERE: City College of San Francisco Rosenberg Library, 2nd Floor Gallery, 50 Frida Kahlo Way
MORE: Visit Website
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change and errors do occur.
- KTVU: Massive San Francisco sinkhole forms after water main break
- ABC7: American Eagle suing Westfield owners for letting San Francisco mall deteriorate
- San Francisco Examiner: SF bill would track performance of city-funded nonprofits
- Mission Local: Mission dollar store demolished, new housing planned
- SF Gate: Video: Masked person smashes Cruise car with hammer in San Francisco
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco’s $300M Van Ness Bus Lane Project Just Got Pricier
- NBC Bay Area: Dreamforce convention in San Francisco returns to full force following pandemic
- San Francisco Standard: Get Ready, San Francisco: More Concerts Coming to Golden Gate Park
- San Francisco Chronicle: Soon, you won’t need a Clipper card to ride BART or Muni. Here’s how it will work