The store’s five large windows were smashed overnight on the Transgender Day of Remembrance.
Transit, Housing and Children Top Supervisor's List
In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then:
- Jose Ortega Elementary wins national award
- Stratos Night Club penalized again
- Supervisor introduces charter amendments
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
This Saturday! We're hosting a Brews and News🍺📰 meetup at Ocean Ale House from 4 to 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 23. Let's sip, talk and celebrate The Ingleside Light's 15th anniversary!
And, as always, feel free to press reply and share your thoughts on our coverage or send a news tip.
Anne Marie Kristoff
The sitting District 7 supervisor wants to continue her work on housing, transportation and services for children.
By Anne Marie Kristoff
Eat Great Any Time: Beep's Burgers Is Open Until 2 a.m. | Sponsor Message
Named after the signature "beep" of the Space Age satellites, Beep's Burgers is a throwback drive-in with a modern take, serving 100% Angus beef burgers and focusing on fresh, local ingredients. Serving San Francisco with ❤️ since 1962.
In Case You Missed It
- Black OMI/Lakeview Shares Input on San Francisco Reparations Plan
- Ingleside Taekwondo Studio Starts Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Merchants Want More From K Ingleside Transportation Project
- $45M Secured for Balboa Reservoir Affordable Housing, 29 Bus Improvements
Around the Neighborhood
- Lew Tabackin at Bird & Beckett
WHAT: Lew Tabackin is one of the great players on tenor saxophone and flute, stopping in at Bird & Beckett en route from Japan to the Monterey Jazz Festival.
WHEN: Friday, Sept. 22, 2023, from 9 to 10:30 p.m.
WHERE: Bird & Beckett, 653 Chenery St.
- Ashton Mini Park/Orizaba Rocky Outcrop Clean Up
WHAT: Join the Lakeview Nature stewards, the Natural Resources Gardeners and Friends of the OMI Mini Parks in a habitat restoration volunteer work party at Lakeview Ashton Mini Park/Orizaba Rocky Outcrop. Tools and gloves provided.
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023, from 9:30 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Shields Street across from 1 Shields St.
RSVP: Reservation Link
- Helen Palma at Ocean Ale House
WHAT: Vocalist Helen Palma will perform Latin and American Song Book classics with Anthony Del Barrio on keys and David Dieni on drums.
WHEN: Sept. 24, 2023, from 6 to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Ocean Ale House, 1314 Ocean Ave.
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change and errors do occur.
- Associated Press: Supporters of reparations for Black residents urge San Francisco to push forward
- Mission Local: SF DA Brooke Jenkins reverses eight-year decline in convictions
- San Francisco Examiner: SF post-pandemic economic recovery team ended by new head
- San Francisco Standard: Does Success of San Francisco's Sunset Night Market Mean More of Them?
- San Francisco Chronicle: S.F. is frantically preparing to host a huge international event
- NBC Bay Area: AI company leaving Miami for San Francisco
- SF Gate: SF McDonald’s sued by woman alleging hot coffee severely burned her
- ABC7: Bay Area air quality impacted by wildfire smoke from fires burning in Northern California, Oregon
- KTVU: Scientists estimate fish inside SF's Steinhart Aquarium to be 92 years old