The college is entertaining the possibility of bringing a Great Depression-era scale model of the city to campus.
Where the Wee Libraries Are
In this week’s newsletter, a rundown of the neighborhood's wee little libraries, and then:
- An unassuming meditation center marks 20 years here
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Worth Reading
And, as always, feel free to press reply and share your thoughts on our coverage or send a news tip.
Anne Marie Kristoff
Find the diminutive book boxes throughout the neighborhood with this guide.
By Anne Marie Kristoff
Eat Great Any Time: Beep's Burgers Is Open Until 2 a.m. | Sponsor Message
Named after the signature "beep" of the Space Age satellites, Beep's Burgers is a throwback drive-in with a modern take, serving 100% Angus beef burgers and focusing on fresh, local ingredients. Serving San Francisco with ❤️ since 1962.
In Case You Missed It
- San Francisco To Require Police Implement Foot, Bike Patrols
- Ingleside Turkey Drive Collection Dates Announced
- City College of San Francisco Workers Rally for Better Pay
Around the Neighborhood
- Schleptet Kleinman
WHAT: Funky Jazz performed by Craig Klineman and band.
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 10, 2023, from 6 to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Ocean Ale House, 1314 Ocean Ave.
- Marina Albero w/ the Josh Setala Dream Trio
WHAT: Hear a young drummer from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music’s dream trio.
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 10, 2023, from 8:30 to 10 p.m.
WHERE: Bird & Beckett, 653 Chenery St.
- MOHCD Community Forum
WHAT: The Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development is holding a meeting to gather input from community stakeholders to inform the development of four strategic plans.
WHEN: Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2023, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Minnie & Lovie Ward Rec Center, 650 Capitol Ave.
RSVP: Registration Online
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change and errors do occur.
- KQED: Thousands of Protestors Rally in San Francisco, Calling for Immediate Cease-Fire in Gaza
- San Francisco Examiner: SF to lift curtain on new-look UN Plaza amid opposition
- CBS Bay Area: Breed, SF officials announce efforts to improve safety for holiday shopping
- Mission Local: SF homeless outreach teams lacking in coordination, audit shows
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco ‘Cop Tax’ Debated at Tense City Hall Meeting
- San Francisco Chronicle: Cruise recalls all 950 robotaxis in SF due to software update
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco Affordable Housing Might Replace Fire-Gutted Bar
- SF Gate: 'Potentially stronger storm system' poised to sweep SF Bay Area
- ABC 7: 2023 APEC summit: Everything to know about San Francisco road closures, public transportation, security, tourism and more