Supported by Beep's Burgers In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then: * Jose Ortega
New Gateway Project Starting
In this week’s newsletter, City College preps for a special new building, and then:
- Night club shooting penalties
- Present Moment Wellness opens
- City College labor notice
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
Anne Marie Kristoff
Stratos Night Club Facing Penalties After Shooting
Repeated gun violence has raised safety concerns from the surrounding community.
City College of San Francisco Preps For New $133M Building
The new facility will be a gateway for new students but also the neighborhood.
Sponsored | Eat Great Any Time: Beep's Burgers Is Open Until 2 a.m.
Named after the signature "beep" of the Space Age satellites, Beep's Burgers is a throwback drive-in with a modern take, serving 100% Angus beef burgers and focusing on fresh, local ingredients. Serving San Francisco with ❤️ since 1962.
New Ingleside Clinic Offers Therapy Regardless of Income
The upstart wellness clinic focuses on healing and psychotherapy to everyone from all financial backgrounds.
State Sides With City College of San Francisco Teachers After Complaints
College administrators have been ordered to negotiate in good faith.
In Case You Missed It
- New Ocean View Branch Library Building Stalled By 2 Studies
- Participatory Budgeting 2023: District 7 Residents To Vote
- City Audit Reveals 19 Problems at Ocean Avenue Nonprofit
- Q&A: EJ Jones on Running for District 11 Supervisor
Around the Neighborhood
- Fourth of July Parade and Celebration
WHAT: The New Mission Terrace Improvement Association and partners host Food, games and fun for Independence Day.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 4, 2023, from 1o a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHERE: Balboa Park, San Jose and Ocean avenues
- Five Poets Read
WHAT: Poets Angie Minkin, Heather Estes Saunders, Robin Michel and Kevin Dublin — plus Magic Dan — will read their work.
WHEN: Thursday, June 29, 2023, at 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Bird & Beckett, 653 Chenery St.
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are published and errors do occur.
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco's Lincoln Way To Undergo Sweeping Safety Improvements
- Mission Local: New fences go up at SF's 24th St. Plaza
- NBC Bay Area: San Francisco mayor pushes for public safety spending as budget deadline nears
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco Police Chief Wants Drug User Program LEAD SF Restored
- San Francisco Examiner: SF endorses bonus-matching policy for cops amid hiring push
- SF Gate: SF’s Moscone Center kept tips from food servers, lawsuit alleges
- San Francisco Chronicle: S.F. moves to add more oversight of nonprofits funded by City Hall
- CBS Bay Area: Vote postponed on robotaxi expansion amid first responder backlash
- Associated Press: San Francisco displays the largest ever pink triangle for Pride month in a stand against pushback