Supported by Beep's Burgers In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then: * Jose Ortega
Overpass Bridge Dahlias Bloom
In this week’s newsletter, the Havelock Street pedestrian bridge has a new look, and then:
- Ocean Avenue mobility plan finalized
- Participatory Budgeting winners
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
Anne Marie Kristoff
17 Projects Funded in 2023 Round of District 7 Participatory Budgeting
All seventeen projects that made it to the ballot will be funded this year.
Action Plan to Improve Ingleside Transportation Approved
The $300K report recommends five projects to improve several modes of travel.
Sponsored | Eat Great Any Time: Beep's Burgers Is Open Until 2 a.m.
Named after the signature "beep" of the Space Age satellites, Beep's Burgers is a throwback drive-in with a modern take, serving 100% Angus beef burgers and focusing on fresh, local ingredients. Serving San Francisco with ❤️ since 1962.
Dahlia-Inspired Mural Painted on Havelock Street Bridge
The west entrance of the bridge that crosses Interstate 280 just got beautified.
In Case You Missed It
- Stratos Night Club Facing Penalties After Shooting
- City College of San Francisco Preps For New $133M Building
- New Ingleside Clinic Offers Therapy Regardless of Income
- State Sides With City College of San Francisco Teachers After Complaints
Around the Neighborhood
- Smooth Funk by The Attic
WHAT: Hear vintage and Neo Funk, Soul, Rock, Blues and jam music.
WHERE: Ocean Ale House, 1314 Ocean Ave.
WHEN: Friday, July 14, 2023, from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Ridge Lane Clean Up Day
WHAT: Clean up the lane. Gloves, brooms and compost bags will be provided; please bring your own tools.
WHERE: Josiah and Howth streets
WHEN: Sunday, July 16, 2023, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Poet Neeli Cherkovski and Friends Poetry Reading
WHAT: Join Neeli Cherkovski and friends — Art Beck, Scott Bird, Jessica Loos — for a reading to celebrate his 78th birthday!
WHEN: Sunday, July 16, 2023, from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
WHERE: Bird & Beckett, 653 Chenery St.
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are published and errors do occur.
- Mission Local: Teens trapped, injured by SFPD in Dolores arrests, say parents
- San Francisco Examiner: BART gets millions to build affordable housing near stations
- San Francisco Chronicle: How SF's Westfield mall benefits from unusual BART arrangement
- San Francisco Standard: Taxi, Uber and Lyft Drivers Join Forces Against Robotaxis
- SF Gate: San Francisco's Anchor Brewing Company says it's ceasing operations
- Mission Local: Judge vacations, Covid rules leave over 100 ‘languishing’ in SF jails
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco To Expand Drug Testing With $1M State Grant
- SF Gate: Storied SF landmark in Golden Gate Park set ablaze
- KRON4: SF’s Ferry Building to celebrate 125th anniversary