Supported by Beep's Burgers In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then: * Jose Ortega
Meet Ingleside's Head Librarian
In this week’s newsletter, meet Ingleside Branch Library Manager Catherine Starr, and then:
- Balboa Park BART Station plaza update
- City College student overdue fees forgiven
- Muni changes bus routes for school year
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
Anne Marie Kristoff
Q&A: Checking in With Ingleside Librarian Catherine Starr
The head of the small but mighty branch talks about Ingleside's multicultural, multilingual and intergenerational community.
New Balboa Park BART Station Plaza Set To Open in Weeks
The new passenger loading and redesigned community areas may be completed as soon as the end of August.
13K Former City College of San Francisco Students Get Overdue Fees Paid
The forgiven fees will allow the students to enroll and take courses in the fall semester.
Muni Announces Service Changes Ahead of School Year
Services changes will be made to the 28R 19th Avenue Rapid and 29 Sunset bus lines starting Aug. 19.
In Case You Missed It
- Feedback Needed for Lakeview Summit Steps Project Design
- New Cafe Far From Paradise Delivers Frozen Treats, Malasadas
- Historian Seeks Geneva Office Building Memories for Book
- Man Charged In Stratos Night Club Triple Shooting
Around the Neighborhood
- Sagamore Street and San Jose Avenue Community Cleanup
WHAT: The Ocean View-Merced Heights-Ingleside Cultural Participation Project is holding a street cleanup and volunteers are needed. Refreshments and materials will be provided.
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023, from 10 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Meet at 103 Sagamore St.
- Bel Canto Flutes at the Library
WHAT: Bel Canto Flutes is delighted to share their joy of music-making with audiences of all ages. The group is comprised of adult amateur flutists playing flutes of all sizes and shapes.
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 19, 2023, at 1 p.m.
WHERE: Ocean View Branch Library, 345 Randolph St.
- Ingleside Weekly Trash Pick up
WHAT: Volunteers meet at Ocean Ale House and get dispatched to trash pick-up routes. At noon, they can return to Ocean Ale House, where the Civic Joy Fund will cover up to $20 toward each volunteer’s refreshments. This is the first of 10 weekly trash pick-ups.
WHERE: Meet at Ocean Ale House, 1314 Ocean Ave.
WHEN: 11 a.m. to noon
- Ridge Lane Cleanup
WHAT: Join neighbors cleaning up the lane at the top of Caine Avenue. Gloves, brooms and compost bags will be provided; please bring your own tools.
WHEN: Sunday, Aug. 20, 2023, from 10 a.m. to noon
WHERE: Meet at Caine Avenue and Ridge Lane
- Grillin' & Chillin'
WHAT: Barbecue and fun put on by neighborhood community-based organizations such as the Ocean View-Merced Heights-Ingleside Cultural Participation Project
WHERE: Oceanview Park, 650 Capitol Ave.
WHEN: Sunday, Aug. 20, 2023, from noon to 3 p.m.
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are published and errors do occur.
- ABC7: Mom confirms daughter Kelly Koike found dead in duffel bag at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park near Outside Lands music festival
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco Records Another Deadly Month for Drug Overdoses
- SF Gate: Workers in SF Federal Building told to work from home due to crime
- Mission Local: SF discharges almost all cases stemming from Dolores hill bomb
- San Francisco Chronicle: Bus-only lanes are coming to SF’s Richmond District on Geary Boulevard
- San Francisco Standard: BART President Fined for Failing to Register as SF Bike Lobbyist
- CBS Bay Area: SF icon Gump's writes open letter to San Francisco leadership slamming city's current conditions
- Mission Local: SFUSD prepares for new academic year amid teacher shortages
- San Francisco Examiner: Cruise, Waymo can expand service in SF after key CPUC vote