Supported by Beep's Burgers In this week’s newsletter, Supervisor Myrna Melgar on her reelection campaign, and then: * Jose Ortega
Not Far From Paradise
In this week’s newsletter, get to know the new cafe offering island-themed treats, and then:
- Lakeview Summit Steps survey
- Historian calls for Carbarn memories
- Alleged Stratos Night Club shooter charged
- Events Around the Neighborhood
- Kristoff's Picks
Anne Marie Kristoff
Feedback Needed for Lakeview Summit Steps Project Design
The San Francisco Department of Public Works is collecting feedback on the project from the public until Aug. 11, 2023.
New Cafe Far From Paradise Delivers Frozen Treats, Malasadas
The island-themed cafe is the result of Pineapples Cafe and Ocean Malasadas Co. joining forces.
Sponsored | Eat Great Any Time: Beep's Burgers Is Open Until 2 a.m.
Named after the signature "beep" of the Space Age satellites, Beep's Burgers is a throwback drive-in with a modern take, serving 100% Angus beef burgers and focusing on fresh, local ingredients. Serving San Francisco with ❤️ since 1962.
Historian Seeks Geneva Office Building Memories for Book
Woody LaBounty is collecting memories about the Geneva Office Building and Powerhouse for a book project.
Man Charged In Stratos Night Club Triple Shooting
Salvador Rodriguez, 42, was charged in connection to the June shooting outside the neighborhood night club.
In Case You Missed It
- Q&A: Matthew Boschetto on Running for District 7 Supervisor
- Arrest Made in Triple Shooting Outside Stratos Night Club
- Man Fires Assault Rifle Into Ocean View Neighborhood Liquor Store
- City College of San Francisco Leaders Push To Hire Teachers
- Ingleside Bar and Grill Ocean Ale House Begins Expansion
Around the Neighborhood
- Making the Case for Urban Conservation
WHAT: The California Native Plant Society's online talk will explore why conservation in cities matters, what can be done to support and protect biodiversity and what tools might be use to make it happen.
WHEN: Thursday, Aug. 10, 2023, at 7:30 p.m.
RSVP: Register online
- Bird & Beckett Benefit
WHAT: Musicians of the San Francisco Opera and Ballet orchestras are playing a benefit for Bird & Beckett. Donations are welcome.
WHEN: Aug. 10, 2023, at 7:30 p.m.
WHERE: Bird & Beckett, 653 Chenery St.
- Assessor-Recorder’s Family Wealth Forum
WHAT: Assessor-Recorder Joaquín Torres a foum about fair home appraisals, tips to build intergenerational wealth, prevention of financial scams, resources to maintain your home and more.
WHEN: Saturday, Aug. 12, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: City College of San Francisco Multi-Use Building, 55 Frida Kahlo Way
RSVP: Register online
Disclaimer: Always double check event information with the event organizer as events can be canceled, details can change after they are published and errors do occur.
- Mission Local: SF Chronicle workers ink new union contract after two-year battle
- KTVU: IKEA store in San Francisco sets an opening date
- KQED: Budget Deep Dive: Here’s What SF’s Near $15 Billion Budget Funds
- San Francisco Standard: San Francisco Building at Center of Homeless Lawsuit Up for Sale
- San Francisco Examiner: SF drug treatment proposal fiercely divides two supervisors
- Mission Local: SF inmates sue in federal court for access to sunlight in jail
- San Francisco Examiner: Dianne Feinstein hospitalized after 'minor fall' in SF home
- SF Gate: Ex-SF Mayor Brown rallies for self-driving cars, is a Cruise adviser
- San Francisco Standard: Make Market Street a Car-Free Haven, SF Official Says
- San Francisco Chronicle: Golden Gate Park launches bike-share stations ahead of Outside Lands